Shah Law Chambers Complaints Procedure

Our complaints policy

We are committed to providing a high quality legal service to all our clients. When something goes wrong, you need to tell us about it. This will help us improve our standards.

Our complaints procedure

If you have a complaint, please put it in writing to our Principal Solicitor, Mr Manzoor Ahmad Shah, the person in charge of client care and all Complaints. Your complaint needs to be made to SHAH LAW CHAMBERS within a reasonable period of time after we have ceased to have conduct of your matter. Our full postal address is 1st Floor, 604 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF.

Mr Manzoor Ahmad Shah will immediately discuss the matter with the member of staff with day to day conduct of your case. However, if the complaint is against, Mr Manzoor Ahmad Shah, the complaint will be referred to an independent Solicitor within our firm who had no involvement in the proceedings.

What will happen next?

  1. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 3 working days of receipt. If full details have not already been provided, we will ask you to confirm or detail the complaint in full.
  2. We will record your complaint in our central register and open a separate file for it. We will do this within a day of receiving your complaint.
  3. We will then commence an investigation into your complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
    • Mr Manzoor Ahmad Shah will ask the member of staff who acted for you to provide the file and a detailed report to him within 3 working days.
    • If necessary, Mr Manzoor Ahmad Shah will also interview the member of staff involved.
    • If the complaint is against Mr Manzoor Ahmad Shah, your complaint will be referred to an independent solicitor in the firm who will be given access to all the relevant documents.
    • A response will be prepared and dispatched to you after seven working days following receipt of your complaint. It may take a further 2 days for you to receive our reply via first class post.
  4. We will let you know the result of the investigation as soon as possible. At this point we will write to you confirming our final position regarding your complaint and explaining our reasoning.

If we have to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why.

If you are still not satisfied, you can contact the Legal Ombudsman about your complaint.

Any complaint to the Legal Ombudsman must usually be made within:

  • 6 years from the date of act/omission,
  • 3 years from the date you should reasonably have known there were grounds for complaint (if the act/omission took place before the 6 October 2010 or was more than 6 years ago),
  • 6 months of you receiving a final response from us if that response complies with the requirements of the Legal Ombudsman Scheme Rules.

For further information, you should contact the Legal Ombudsman:

  • By letter: PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ
  • By telephone: 0300 555 0333
  • Via the website:
  • By email:


The SRA deal with cases where firms or those regulated by the SRA have breached the SRA Principles.

You should report the matter directly to SRA if you think a firm or anyone regulated by SRA has breached an SRA Principle.

You can also report a firm or someone regulated by SRA for non-payment of professional fees (such as agent or expert fees) if

  • you have a County Court judgment in respect of the fee, and
  • the judgment relates to the practice in connection with providing a legal service.

There are some issues that the SRA does not investigate. However, SRA always consider allegations of dishonesty or discrimination.

If the SRA has closed a firm and you believe that the firm owes you money, you may be able to make a claim from our Compensation Fund.

In order to report a complaint to the SRA, you need to download and complete the Report Form found on the SRA website at this link: The address to which this form must be sent is contained within the form.

The report form must clearly set out your concerns, the individuals that you consider responsible for the complained act.

Looking for a First-Class Lawyer?